Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Composition

I seem to find myself more caught up in composing. I used to write all the time, but I have stopped the past few years. Freshman year of college I wrote a nice chord progression but never went anywhere with it, and just recently wrote a song for my lovely girlfriend. I have now find myself caught up in continually trying to add to it and making it more interesting. I can't satisfy my urge to add more parts and make this piece continually grow, as my love for her grows. I also continually find myself writing new riffs, but yet my lyrical ability doesn't quite exist. I find myself in need of finding more inspiration for lyrics, but I'm not terribly poetic. That's been my entire problem for the past 4-5 years. I feel the musical inspiration and nearly always have, but I really need a good source of lyrical inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment